The Rockland County Legislature released its schedule of meetings being held this summer to get the public’s input on the redistricting process. Rockland’s 17 legislative districts will be redrawn based on the data from the 2020 census, and each district is expected to have just under 20-thousand people. Legislator Lon Hofstein is one of the members of the Legislature’s Special Committee for Redistricting, and told WRCR that the process has been chaotic for upcoming elections on the state and federal level, as candidates have found themselves representing different communities…
Each town will get to host a meeting this month, and they are taking place as follows:
· Orangetown Town Hall hosts on Wednesday, June 8th at 6pm.
· Haverstraw Town Hall on Thursday, June 9th at 7pm.
· the Rho Building in Stony Point on Tuesday, June 21st at 6pm.
· Clarkstown Town Hall on Wednesday, June 29th at 6pm.
· Ramapo Town Hall on Thursday, June 30th at 6pm.
Click here for the county’s informational website where you can get more details about the meetings and the redistricting process. .