Orangetown Replacing Missing “Mel Liebman Plaza” Signs in Pearl River

Mel’s Army Navy had a long history on William Street in Pearl River, and there were two street signs honoring his presence there, one at the corner of Central Avenue, the other at the corner of Franklin near the shop’s original location. They read “Mel Liebman Plaza,” named for its long-time owner who died in 2015. Well, the signs went missing recently, according to a caller to “The Morning Show” who asked Orangetown supervisor Chris Day about them…

Mel’s first opened in 1955, and sold outerwear, camping gear and more, until it closed in 2017.

Snow Closings Updated Regularly

Please click on the image below to view all snow closings for Rockland County.