Reports: Airmont Home Didn’t Have Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Published reports say the Airmont home where three were found unconscious, likely due to high levels of carbon monoxide, did not have any carbon monoxide detectors inside. Rockland’s new director of Fire and Emergency Services, Chris Kear, says homes should have both carbon monoxide and smoke alarms, and this weekend when we change the clocks is a great time to make sure yours are functioning properly…

The three victims from Tuesday’s Airmont incident were reportedly still hospitalized in stable condition. Kear was approved to his position by the legislature earlier this week.

Snow Closings Updated Regularly

Please click on the image below to view all snow closings for Rockland County.