O&R: Don’t Use Kitchen Ovens for Heat – Risk of CO Poisoning

Though it’s tempting as the weather turns colder, O&R reminds us not to use natural-gas powered kitchen ovens to heat your homes. O&R spokesman Mike Donovan says if you do, you face a significant risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.…

Audio: Mike Donovan

The same goes for using charcoal grills indoors and fireplaces that are not properly ventilated. Prolonged exposure to carbon monoxide can result in more severe illness or death. If you smell natural gas leave the area immediately and call O&R’s emergency gas hotline at 1-800-533-LEAK (5325) or 911.

Snow Closings Updated Regularly

Please click on the image below to view all snow closings for Rockland County.