Ramapo PD: 10 year-old Spring Valley Boy Overdoses on Cannabis-Infused “Candy”

Ramapo police arrested a 37 year-old Spring Valley man after his ten year-old son ate some sour gummy candy infused with medical cannabis. Police say they were called to the emergency room at Good Samaritan hospital yesterday afternoon to find the boy had eaten at least one piece of the candy with 250 milligrams of THC, resulting in an overdose for the boy. The boy’s dad left him in the family car alone with a package of the “candy” and he did what most children might have done, he ate some. the dad, Ephraim Zagelbaum, was arrested and charged with Endangering the Welfare of a Child.  He was released on his own recognizance, though there could be additional possession charges. The boy was treated and released.

Snow Closings Updated Regularly

Please click on the image below to view all snow closings for Rockland County.