Largest Gang Takedown in the Bronx

On Wednesday, authorities announced the “largest gang takedown” ever launched in New York, filing charges against 120 people alleged to be members of two gangs in the Bronx. Later that day prosecutors said, approximately 90 of the defendants had been taken into federal custody and 30 others were still being sought. Court documents state the gangs were responsible for at least eight murders. They were arrested and arraigned in Federal District Court in Manhattan with a range of counts including racketeering and narcotics conspiracies. In a news conference United States attorney for the Southern District of New York, Preet Bharara said the two gangs used social media “to promote, protect and grow their ranks,” such as posting on YouTube and “bragging about their criminal endeavors. According to Bharara the investigation started back in December 2014 due to a rise in violence at the Eastchester Gardens public housing complex.

Snow Closings Updated Regularly

Please click on the image below to view all snow closings for Rockland County.