RCC Evacuated After Students Become Ill

Rockland Community College was evacuated on Wedensday when two students were reported to have passed out from an unknown cause. The students began to feel ill while in class in academic building II and went to the bathroom, where the first passed out and then the second. A teacher helped the two out of the building, and they regained consciousness by the time first responders arrived. Hazmat crews were brought in as well, and were searching drains, ceiling tiles, elevators, and other areas for what may have caused the illness. According to Rockland County Deputy Fire Coordinator Chris Keor the oxygen levels in the building had dropped and the hazmat team was investigating what, if any, type of gas may have replaced the levels, including Carbon Monoxide.

Snow Closings Updated Regularly

Please click on the image below to view all snow closings for Rockland County.