Briarcliff Home Destroyed in Fire

Firefighters responded to a call on Sunday afternoon, at State Road in Briarcliff Manor. Around 2:00 PM crews arrived at the address to find a two-family home in flames allegedly started by a cigarette when 62-year old Kevin McFadden was smoking in bed. Officials stated that the man was terminally ill and has broken hip, and needed to be rescued from the burning home by first responders. Mcfadden and another resident, who lived in the apartment attached, were safely removed from the building, which was condemned by authorities as they continue to investigate, leaving both men homeless. McFadden was taken to Westchester Medical Center for minor injuries.

Snow Closings Updated Regularly

Please click on the image below to view all snow closings for Rockland County.