Fire in Monsey Apartment Complex

Firefighters responded to a call around 3:45 on Saturday afternoon, to reports that an apartment complex in Monsey was in flames. Officials stated that eight apartments were completely destroyed when one unit at the Regency Village Garden Apartments on Robert Pitt Drive caught fire, and 40 other units were left uninhabitable from smoke and water damage. Though the fire’s cause was originally suspicious, officials now believe it was started accidentally by a knocked over candle. Nearly 200 people were left without homes due to the damage though no injuries were reported and the RedCross provided temporary shelter to many of the residents.

Snow Closings Updated Regularly

Please click on the image below to view all snow closings for Rockland County.