Home Evacuated for Carbon Monoxide

A home in Nanuet was evacuated on Monday morning after the family reported feeling sick from what authorities stated is Carbon Monoxide poisoning. A man took his wife to the hospital around 5:55 in the morning when she was suffering from headaches and vomiting, and the illness returned when she was taken home. The other six family members living in the home were taken to Westchester Medical Center around 10:15 AM when firefighters responded to the house and discovered high readings of Carbon Monoxide. All members are expected to fine and have received the necessary treatment. Fire officials and police urge that homeowners turning on heating equipment for the first times this season get required maintenance and have a working Carbon Monoxide detector in the house.

Snow Closings Updated Regularly

Please click on the image below to view all snow closings for Rockland County.