Fire in Monsey Caused by Dryer Vent

Monsey, Hillcrest, and Spring Valley firefighters responded to a call at 9:00 Sunday morning to a fire that broke out at a multifamily home with several units. When first responders arrived they quickly put the fire out, officials stating the flames were contained to one apartment, and appeared to start in a clogged dryer vent in the basement spreading through two stories to the ceiling. No injuries were reported and the building suffered smoke and water damage.

Snow Closings Updated Regularly

Please click on the image below to view all snow closings for Rockland County.