Fire Destroys Suffern Home; Fund Set up for Family

Two dogs and two cats were reportedly the victims of a fire that gutted a home in Suffern early yesterday afternoon. Several fire departments responded to the blaze at the Washington Avenue home. It burned for several hours before it was brought under control. Lohud.com reported other than the fatalities to the family’s pets, there were no other injuries. News 12 reported a space heater may have been the cause of the blaze. A fund to help the family has reportedly been set up at the All Souls Community Church on Washington Avenue.

Snow Closings Updated Regularly

Please click on the image below to view all snow closings for Rockland County.