Young Boy Gets Electric Shock From Outlet

According to officials the Hillcrest Fire Department responded to a call on Wednesday at Yeshiva Tzoin Yosef at 15 Windam Court to find that an outlet had shorted out and electrocuted a ten-year-old boy. Ramapo Fire Safety Inspector Adam Peltz stated that the boy had been attempting to plug in a hot glue gun when he received the shock, and that the school was inspected within the last year and passed. According to Assistant Fire Chief Chris Bowers a small fire had started from the electrical flash, but fire fighters contained it and there was very little damage. Ramapo’s Building Inspector Anthony Mallia stated that the school was built in the 1960′s and houses three yeshivas and over the years, the entire building has passed inspections and met fire and safety restrictions, never having any serious issues. According to officials the boy had been holding on to the metal chalk tray attached to the board, allowing the current to run through his right arm into his left. He was taken to Westchester Medical Center is in stable condition.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks