County employees working at the Sain County Office Building were forced to relocate on Thursday due to asbestos. According to Scott Salotto, a spokesman for the County Executive’s office, a pipe that was leaking through the ceiling and onto the fourth floor of the office was covered with asbestos, leading to five employees and eight desks moving from the Personnel Department to an area away from the problem until repairs can be completed. When asbestos breaks up the fibers can be inhaled and scar lungs, and Salotto stated that a crew will be hired to fix the pipe and the ceiling in the 1960’s building, which the county bought in 1974 for 1.4 million dollars for more space.
County Employees Relocated from Asbestos Damaged Office
March 14, 2014 By