Fire in Monsey Home With Commercial Kitchen

A house fire in Monsey led volunteer firefighters to discover a commercial kitchen in the residence. According to Fire Chief Richard LaGarde no one was injured in the fire and a woman working in the kitchen put out most of the flames with a hose from the sink. LaGarde and officials believe that two rooms in the home were converted for commercial use as a kitchen, inspectors found wheeled carts that seemed to be used to distribute food. Ramapo Building Inspector Anthony Mallia stated that it was probable that no one had approved the kitchen to be built. According to LaGarde the flames spread quickly and residents were left temporarily without a home.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks

Snow Closings Updated Regularly

Please click on the image below to view all snow closings for Rockland County.